Free Old Age Homes
“Grow old gracefully” goes an old saying. But growing old is quite painful for many in the modern society. In many lower middle class and poor families, taking care of old people is becoming a major issue day by day. As a result, many senior citizens, despite spending their entire life in bring up their children and make their life better, are considered as a burden to the family. They are completely neglected or even ill-treated.
Started in the year 2001, Akshaya Trust houses 300 destitute senior citizens in five free old age homes situated at Mudichur, Pallikaranai, Valasaravakkam, Palavakkam and Velappanchavadi. Destitute senior citizens are given comforatable stay, healthy food, medical attention, entertainment and above all, love and care.
The new home for those who were deserted by their families
Providing a positive environment for the Residents to feel at home in every way
- Comfortable living conditions: Clean and comfortable bedding, clean cloths, tidy and spacious rooms, adequate western toilets and washing machine.
- Healthy food: Nutritious and healthy food cooked and served with care and love.
- Lockers: Separate cupboards to every resident for storing their personal belongings.
- Solar Power and Generator: To provide uninterrupted power supply.
- Entertainment: Audio system for music, TV, newspapers and magazines are provided. Regular bhajan sessions, game shows and music shows are conducted by volunteers.
- Festivals and Tours: All festivals are celebrated in a grand manner. Residents are taken out once in three months to temples, beach and important places in Chennai.
- Medical care: Regular visits by Doctors and paramedical persons.
- ALL THESE ARE COMPLETELY FREE!
Here is an update on the happenings at Akshaya homes
On May 7th 2023, Akshaya Trust inaugurated its fifth free old age home for the destitute senior citizens. This new home situated at Velappanchavadi, near Thiruverkadu temple arch will house 120 senior citizens taking the total number of senior citizens supported to...
On May 7th 2023, when the new old age home of Akshaya Trust was inaugurated at Velappanchavadi, many prominent celebrities visited the facility and spent time to show their support to the cause. Some of the celebrities include Smt.Devayani Rajakumaran- Cine artist,...
Akshaya Trust has acquired a property at Aarpakkam village, Kancheepuram district and intend put following facilities there: Old age home which can accommodate 400 personChildren home which can accommodate 200 childrenPrimary English medium school ( later classes will...
Check out what the people who visit our homes say
You can also be a part of the noble mission taken up by Akshaya Trust. Your small contribution will make a huge differnce in the lives of 300 deserving senior citizens. Their blessings will bring many good things in your life.